Acoustic Services can provide comprehensive noise studies for all existing and proposed developments, ranging from single buildings to major factories/facilities and road/rail infrastructure. We provide environmental noise assessment services for EPA licensed site which are carried out using current guidance documents such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidance document NG4.
In January 2016, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Ireland revised its published Guidance Note for Noise: Licence Applications, Surveys and Assessments in Relation to Scheduled Activities (NG4). This document supersedes the following Agency publications, which are withdrawn with immediate effect:
• Guidance Note for Noise: Licence Applications, Surveys and Assessments in Relation to Scheduled Activities (NG4) (April 2012)
• Guidance Note For Noise In Relation To Scheduled Activities (2nd Edition, 2006)
• Environmental Noise Survey Guidance Document (2003)
January 2016, NG4 guidance provides additional information and clarifications on a number of items:
EPA Licensed sites are typically required to operate within the following noise limiting levels.
- Day: 07:00-19:00, 55 dB(A) LAr,T
- Evening: 19:00-23:00, 50 dB(A) LAr,T
- Night: 23:00-07:00, 45 dB(A) LAeq,T
To download a copy of the Irish EPA NG4 (2016) Guidance document, please click here.