In consultation with the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government, it is our (Acoustic Services) understanding that:
(1) The consultation process closed on 19 February 2020.
(2) It is understood that almost 500 submissions have been received as part of the public consultation.
(3) It is understood that many of the submissions were extremely detailed and technical in nature.
(4) It is understood that the DoHPLG in conjunction with the Department of Communications, Climate Action and the Environment is currently analysing the submissions received as part of the public consultation process to agree on any further changes to the guidelines which are deemed necessary or appropriate.
(5) It is understood that finalised Guidelines will be prepared following this detailed analysis and consideration of the submissions received during the consultation phase, and the conclusion of the SEA process.
(6) It is understood that the Department intends on publishing all submissions received as part of the consultation process.
(7) It is understood that the DoHPLG has taken the position not to publish them until the Strategic Environmental Assessment is completed.
(8) It is understood that when finalised, the Guidelines will be issued under section 28 of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended.
(9) It is understood that Planning authorities and, where applicable, An Bord Pleanála, must have regard to guidelines issued under section 28 in the performance of their functions generally under the Planning Acts.
(10) Finally, we understand that in the meantime, the current 2006 Wind Energy Development Guidelines remain in force.
All of the above guidance is based on our understanding of the progress made since the public consultation process closed in December 2019.
Disclaimer: Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this post, complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed, and clarity should be sought in every case from those referenced in this post. The author or Acoustic Service do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage claimed to have occurred, in part or in full, as a consequence of any person or corporate body acting, or refraining from acting, as a result of the information included in this post.